Online Humor

The crazy musings of what I think is funny!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I don’t know why but sometimes I can be a bit too apathetic. My keyboard wasn’t a great thing to work on and even Hurricane in a can didn’t work. So I finally asked for a new one and I now have a fancy nacy sleek black ergonomic moon curved keyboard with all sorts of functions I have absolutely no clue how to use or what they’re for. But it looks cool and I look edu ma cated and pro fess shon al.

So I’m thinking of how I can use my personal life to write blog entries that add more personal touch without going into irrelevant, even un-necessary or in a manner that is “ uncouth”. I would like to think I have a knack for making uncomfortable experience into something a bit more humorous and animated.

Sunday night I took a chance (at least for me) and went to a very mundane Lady’s Night Out. The first thing I noticed was that the two women who were there were very clean cut, (TV show) OC looking with stylish casual clothes and had beautifully and statically placed honey blonde highlights that was perfectly styled in a look that looked comfortable and easy… which never is. And here I was with my very dark hair pulled in a tight ponytail and wearing all black (casual) with my comfy Converse tennies. I was thinking “Oh lord what have I got myself into?” I couldn’t sneak back out the door as the bar is small well lit and they were sitting directly to the right. “ahhhh crap”. So I did the only thing I could do… I turned around and ran like Hell was after me……… just kidding.

I joined in with what was actually a small group of about 3 other people and all looking very OC… There were these two guys who so badly wanted to be part of our Lady’s night. The first guy was nice enough but when you wear a shirt that says “Cheap” Hmmmm that is really all I need to know about you. He was waiting for his date and I just couldn’t help but think “you dressed yourself didn’t you?” Come on guys, you do not want to wear a shirt that says Cheap on a date and especially not a first date. Than again, the first date should not be at a bar unless (and this is only if you are 75% sure) that the women wants the after bar result…

The second guy was a kiwi (New Zealand) and he was actually pretty cute… until he spoke. To make a long story short… I ended up having a great time. The bar owner who had arranged the Lady’s Night Out is super friendly and easily got all of us talking and chatting and it genuinely felt like an old fashioned Lady’s Night Out. I promised to come back next Sunday to have something called an Irish Car Bomb. She said next Sunday she would go behind the bar and make it personally for a women and I who had never had one.

She recently bought the bar and has put some great feminine touches on it while keeping the bar looking like a place both men and women could feel was their own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home