Online Humor

The crazy musings of what I think is funny!

Monday, March 26, 2007

Holy Water

Everyone has made dumb mistakes with their car. I’ve backed up too quickly and than hitting the wall behind me and many people simply do not paying attention bumping the car in front of them. However, there will always be the car accidents that you can not help but laugh at (after you know no one is hurt). On my way to pick up a second car pool friend my passenger and I witnessed one of those moments.

Last night as a friend and I had almost reached our friend’s home we drove towards something surreal in front of a very large and beautiful church. Because it was so dark, we couldn’t tell what it was. A car had hit a fire hydrant in front of the church which erupted like Old Faithful producing a nighttime rainbow of lights dancing in a 50-foot+ fire hydrant geyser.
Approximately 400- thousand gallons of water rushed out of the hydrant and into the night sky. The crash made geyser was as tall as the church itself and the abandoned car sat empty and saturated as thousands of gallons of water poured onto the streets, temporarily flooding part of the area. As my friend and I looked on in bewildered amusements we both could imagine how horrified each of us would have felt if we had been the driver. The driver left the scene of the accident and personally, I couldn’t blame the person. I would have either ran away in embarrassment or crouched as low as possible in my car hoping to avoid the laughter of dozens of street witnessing laughing as my friend and I did.

“No no; don’t rescue me just yet… I’ll just stay here until you turn off the water and maybe even until the wee hours of the morning to escape anyone seeing my face. “
No one was hurt in the incident which in our minds made it completely OK to produced dozens of jokes from our small little group.

The fact that s/he hit a hydrant in front of a church just mad it funnier because can you imagine if you did die, had to face your maker and admit how you died? I imagine God laughing while saying “you did what?!” {laughter}
Other bits of humor included (until the hydrant was turned off)

* Mass baptisms
* Immediately selling religious statues in front of the miracle geyser
* Grabbing empty water bottles planned for recycling, filling them up with the holly water of the water hydrant geyser and selling them at $5 a bottle
* Declarations of seeing religious deities in the water

While car accidents are in general not funny, living in a large metropolitan city such as Los Angeles you constantly see drivers do incredibly thoughtless driving acts. Such as the women I watched put on mascara while driving in a 20 mph traffic commute. Thoughtless acts such as this supplies a mix of embarrassment and humor to dumb mistakes that cause very visual consequences.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home