Online Humor

The crazy musings of what I think is funny!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Rocky Nook & 1 Up On Mother Nature

Going through downtown Santa Barbara took all morning and I still had the old Santa Barbara mission, Rocky Nook Park and more coastline waterfront to too explore and I had to remind myself that daylight playing hours were ticking by.

Before touring the old mission, I discovered a tucked away park nearby and decided I couldn’t possibly forgo my thirst of adventurous curiosity. Rocky Nook Park is a blast and as I always am, I was 100% not prepared. It's 19-acre of mostly oak and sycamore trees overlooking Mission creek. However, creek is a slightly diminutive word in describing the "creek". There were rocks to huge boulders of every shape and size sleeping among the length of the river just waiting to be climbed; so I did...


Unfortunately I took only two pictures of Mission Creek and only one came out clearly. This is a picture of the creek heading south. Looking upstream, there's a small waterfall and some of the boulders are much larger. I spent about an hour or so zig zagging from one side of the river to the other; climbing rocks, hopping from one slippery stone to the next and trying to figure out the next best stone to step onto so that I would fall into
specific position of the creek where the water was a few feet deep.

Not too long into my silliness, anther rock jumper / climber warned me about some poison ivy on the sides of the creek. If anyone was to find it, we all know it would have been me... Ha! Beat that time Mother Nature didn't I? {Raspberry}

Rocky Nook is an incredibly peaceful and rustic park with winding trails throughout the small area with secluded benches and BBQ pits. Most times you forget there are other picnickers, climbers and trail hikers in the surrounding area. Once I started to get tired of climbing and the thoughts of how embarrassing it would be to hurt myself on the rocks... again… crawled into my mind and I decided I was ready for some down time...

“Right after I see what is at the end of this trail.” Than I stopped for lunch. The adventure is always better than the destination. As with life as is true for the trail.

Santa Barbara Old Mission can not be described in 3 paragraphs or less. So, I’m leaving off here and will pick up tomorrow with many pictures.

Changing Your Truth

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home