Online Humor

The crazy musings of what I think is funny!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Things To Do For My Mischievous Inner Child

My To Do list was supposed to be ‘not important non-career kinds of things...crazy or fun things. The things you have never done but have always wanted to do.

But, just as it says in Me Time, “I constantly push myself into overdrive trying to fit everything into one day only to have it spill into the next and than the next.”

I wrote the original To Do list because I spend a lot of my days day-dreaming. I figured I should write down what I would love to do and commit to at least trying some of the things. I haven’t done anything on the list and now that I’m looking at them almost two months later, I realize that all of them are weekend kinds of things.

Since I haven’t taken the time to do any of the big weekend plans, I figured I would add some smaller easier to do within the city stuff. This way, I make it harder to make up excuses why I can’t take some time for myself. So I’m doing a new list and will yet again try to stick to doing some of them.

RULES:
They can not be professional ambitions, they have to be something fun that you wouldn't normally do or you have been putting off saying "maybe next year". Than within the next 12 months you have to do at least 1 /4th of the items of either list. You must list at least 10 items on both lists.

Things I Would Love To Do:

1. Fly in a hot air balloon
2. Swim with Manatees
3. Scuba Dive
4. Build a raft like Tom Sawyer and float down the Mississippi river or any river
5. Learn to Tango / Flamenco dancing
6. Be in a movie
7. Sea kayaking
8. Fly a plane
9. Skydiving
10. Spend an obscene amount of money on an outfit and not worry about how irresponsible it is, or whether or not I will ever wear that outfit more than once.
11. Go on a blind date TV Show

Things I Promise To Actually Do (Locally):

1. The Getty Villa Malibu
2. Griffith Observatory
3. Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)
4. Los Angeles Zoo
5. Hike up to the Hollywood Sign
6. California Strawberry Festival
7. Learn to play pool (Billiards)
8. Go to a firing range & a lesson
9. Go to California Science Center
10. See a genuine Burlesque

Things I Promise To Actually Do on a Weekend / Vacation:

1. Parasailing
2. Go to Ninja New York
3. Go to Catalina Island
4.Learn to ride a motorcycle
5. Whitewater rafting
6. Wear a scandalous outfit / costume
7. Go gambling in Las Vegas and not worry about the money I lose.
8. Go to Mexico

Me Time

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home