Online Humor

The crazy musings of what I think is funny!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Call Me


Bar ditching just got a lot easier

Maybe this happens to more women than men -- but sometimes women give their phone number to a guy they think is really cute. Next thing you know the guy is calling you every day to "hook up". I remember going out with an acquaintance of mine one evening where she gave her number to a guy who seemed really nice and not bar creepy. Ten minutes after we left the club the guy called her and said how much he missed her and couldn't wait to see her again. I've also given my number to a guy and learned the 'nice guy' mask he wore hid a real jerk. After that I started giving out my email address. This puts the guy through the preliminary test:

1) Can he spell or use Spell Check

2) Does he own a computer and or know how to use one

3) What is his email screen name. If it's bigdoggy@, he gets deleted

Some people still like the old fashioned tradition of giving a phone number and I guess I can't blame them too much. Hearing someone's voice is more personal. With disposable phone numbers (the company is called numbr), you can give someone a phone number that will actually reach you. If s/he turns out to be something you would rather not know -- no problem you can 'expire' the number.

The company that offers the disposable phone numbers support 23 US cities, block telemarketers and allows for parental controls. Which is a nice feature because the parent can expire the number at any time or set limitations. Inbound calls to your number will be forwarded to your phone and then to your second optional phone.

In addition it lets you embed a link to your website allowing your blog or website readers to reach you without knowing your real phone number. If you are unavailable on both phone numbers, the caller can record a voice-mail, which will be sent to you via your e-mail. You don't have to be on-line to get a numbr! In a bar and need one? Simply call: (415) 234-5678 and get a numbr!

I checked out the site still thinking doubtful thoughts. I mean… how much is this going to cost me? How long is the registration that I just know is going to ask me for all of my information and possibly a DNA test…


Here’s how it works

Click on Get your free number

You choose

  • When should we discontinue this numbr:
  • Tell us where should we send your calls
  • Don't accept calls from blocked Caller IDs - We will request your caller to call back with their caller ID enabled.
  • Don't accept calls from suspected telemarketers
  • Turn off call screening
  • Email my incoming call history - We will email you daily call history on your email address.
  • Do not disturb from 9PM to 8AM

Next

Congratulations! Your numbr has been activated.

For the next 1 Hour, calls received on 347 515 2036 x 503 will be sent to XXX XXX XXXX

If you get this within the hour give it a try - I won't pick up - but you'll have my phone number, for an hour at least.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home